Thursday, May 04, 2006

so i've been lax...so what?

I haven't updated in quite a while. It's hard to stay focused on this thing when I am focusing on other (shall we say, more important?) areas of my life. I'm busy... busy writing, and working, and applying for scholarships, and catching up with old friends, and I even (finally) learned who my artist was for the poet/art exchange from a last term. His name is Michael Endo and you can see his art on here. I don't have much else to say at the moment. I was given an interesting assignment, personalized for me by my poetry professor:

"Shannon, your exercise is couched as metaphor. I’m calling it Compost. Begin by assembling particular things you like – images, personal symbols, etc. Perhaps together they constitute a narrative about something hard for you to write. Then have the poem decay/disintegrate into compost, so rich it could support a garden."

So I have that to look forward to and work on. Until later, may you rest well and dream of large women.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yikes! No pressure there, just throw our some pixie dust and then utter meaningful words that make up your innermost core. No problem. Just don't forget to have a martini first.