Wednesday, August 08, 2007

oh.my.god.

I've gained nearly six pounds in the three weeks I have been here!! I keep telling people that not ALL Americans want to eat every ten minutes, but no one listens and keeps right on pumping me full of food anyway. Yes, yes, I can not eat it; you try doing that when you risk offending the ancestors of everyone you come in contact with by refusing food. In any case, I've decided that three meals a day is too many, especially when there are three kinds of starch available (i.e. pushed) at most of them and especially when all food consumed falls within a 12-14 hour period. Yikes. Also, it seems Koreans have a particular fondness for addding sugar to everything, frying lots of otherwise fresh vegetables, and making things salty. I can't wait to come home to my own fridge.

No comments: