Tuesday, October 02, 2007

where was I?

Well, clearly it has been a while since I've updated this thing... I've been back from Korea for a while now, back in school, back to teaching. I'm spending more time thinking about how language shapes reality than complaining about kimchi. I never got around to writing about how amazing the buddhist temple stay was, or the bowing ceremony (108, well, 115 to be exact) of forgiveness I participated in, or the one American monk who only spoke once, when I inquired about a particular sauce, to say, "you put it on your noodles!" I probably won't get around to writing much more about Korea... not here anyway, but for those of you who were wondering, yes, I loved the teaching. The kids were amazing and I loved every minute at camp. The gender dynamics were, on the whole, difficult to watch, but was less difficult at camp since they were still mostly just acting like kids and all of that other stuff hadn't entirely taken hold yet. Maybe I'll write about that more at some point. I don't know. I just thought I should say something. And with that, back to my class to discuss how one effectively writes about violence.

No comments: