Tuesday, March 04, 2008

the joy of acceptance

I just got word that a poem of mine has been accepted for publication in the Portland Review; this is a first for me, so I am excited. This news also comes on the heels of having an essay accepted for inclusion in Citadel of the Spirit: A Literary Compendium Commemorating Oregon’s Sesquicentennial due out next February from either OSU Press or Nestucca Spit Press. Considering I have only ever sent a handful of poems out and only to two journals, this is really wonderful. Of course, statistically speaking, I can only go downhill from here. Still, I've bought myself flowers to celebrate. AND, I get to hear Eavon Boland at a poetry reading tonight. Not bad at all.

1 comment:

Maya said...

That is so great, lady! Congrats. Where can I get my copy?