Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my poor little cancerous one-eyed pirate

After treating cancerous tumor #1 and finally removing Buster's surgical neck wear, I was thinking he was on the mend. His right eye is improving, though hasn't yet healed entirely, and the gaping wounds on the left side of his neck are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing...

But this morning I found another lump on the other side of his neck and the vet hasn't returned my call. Are these lumps appearing as a result of the blood draws he's needed to make his eye serum? Is the new one a result of the shot to sedate him for treatment of the other? Are my efforts to heal my cat resulting in greater ill health?

This morning I told Buster he was being stupid. If he was planning on getting sick and dying, I said, he should have gotten well first so that he could be running around outside chasing things before he kicks it. Sitting around growing tumors is about the least fun thing a cat can do, second only to sitting around growing tumors while trapped indoors, and he should really reconsider.

He didn't want to talk about it. He turned his back to me and resumed playing with the thin stream of water in the bathroom sink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that Buster's second growth turns out to be benign. You were right to call the vet immediately. Good luck to both of you.

We also have a little one-eyed pirate, FIV+. We named him Jack, of course.

heethar said...

Does Buster not understand your degree? It would really be a good cat thing for him to learn English. Duh!