Thursday, May 13, 2010

now

How does one know when something is truly over, when the old chapter is closing and a new one beginning? Is it a sign of strength, tenacity, and honesty to hold on to something, even in the face of its apparent loss, or is that simply stupidity, weakness, naivety, and denial? What does loving look like when it encompasses also continually letting go? How does one walk away from the deepest love ever known, especially when shared with one's best friend? I feel as though I know and understand less today than ever before. The only thing that is certain is that I am confused. The sun is high, my heart is broken open, and I have no idea what comes next.

1 comment:

Baley Petersen said...

I want to hug you. And to say that in my meager experience, I never knew it was the end until months later. I can now look back at December, 2007 and say "Oh, so that was it. I would have done things differently if I'd know that was the end." But at the time I had no idea that I was at an end and also a beginning. I can only dearly hope that you can move forward into a place where you are no longer confused and able to say "So that's what that was."