Wednesday, October 04, 2006

file this under random weirdness

Oh, the subtle joys of myspace... today I received three messages, as follows:

"I know this will seem very strange, but I am wondering if you know someone by the name of J___" (name edited to protect the girl who sent this)

"If you do know J_____ and are romantic with him I would recommend that you call me first before speaking to him."

"I didn't mean that you should contact me before him in a threatening way. That is your choice completely. I would only advise from past experience that if you are involved with him that you may have as many questions as I do. Perhaps not, perhaps you think I'm some crazy chic babbling nonsense about some man you don't know.

I hope more than anything that is the case. If not, please contact me. If it is more comfortable for you to call me, I can give you my cell phone # if any of this is relevant. I apologize if you have no idea what this is about.

Sincerely,
C______"


Well, suffice it to say that I had no idea what she was talking about. So my response was this:

"I've known J______s before, but none with that spelling and certainly I am not currently involved with any now. Hope that all is well with you though-- sounds like there may be an awkward or strained situation. Good luck!"

To which she very kindly replied:

"I'm very relieved that it sounds like you have no clue what I am talking about. I am going through a very difficult time with my husband that is making me obviously paranoid. I'm sorry to bother you. You do seem like a cool person. Thank you for the response, you could have told me to go straight to hell and you were very kind.
Good luck to you as well."

What an odd day. I hope she fixes what's wrong with dear old J___, or takes it as her cue to walk. Either way, I feel for the woman and was glad to give her at least a moment of relief.

2 comments:

Dave said...

well. that's a good dose of perspective right there, that is. just think of what you're *not* having to deal with :)

The husband of Mrs. Kitty Coleman said...

Sooo, this is what you're writing in your spare time. Nice. I had a similar myspace message that led to a tentaive friendship with the messenger. Tentative and tenuous. So much so that I have no idea what might be going on with said messenger today.

-P