Thursday, September 28, 2006

I'm exhausted.

Who knew that teaching was so much work? (okay, okay, that's obvious, but jeez) I made it through my first week of classes. I didn't trip, vomit, accidentally bare a breast, fumble my language so badly it resulted in a wildly inappropriate double entendre, nor, does it seem, did I bore or frighten my students. But, on the downside of things, I haven't eaten since yesterday, I'm running on four hours sleep, and I have no idea how I'm going to squeeze my studies into all the lesson/unit planning I need to do (read: how the hell did I get myself into this and will I be able to get through it)? I wonder, at the end of these two years, will I still have earned that fancy distinction of getting to wear a bright yellow rope around my neck?

1 comment:

thais said...

oh my god. I do that damned double entendre thing ALL THE TIME. It's like when I have to spell my name out on the phone to bill companies or, god forbid, potential clients, and you have to say something like "T as in Truck, H as in Hippo..." and all I can think of is T as in titties, H as in Hell....

Don't worry. It'll still happen 5 years from now.