Sunday, February 22, 2009

thyme cookies. aya!

This morning I stood on my porch watering my sad little herb garden, which has mostly recovered from all the snow and frost, wishing, perhaps a bit too desperately, for spring to arrive. This morning, coupled with the cookie craving I've been gripped by this weekend, led me to want to share something with you. Yes, YOU.

I found this recipe on a window sill left by my former neighbors/former occupants of my then new apartment. They also left me a recipe in a drawer, written on a scrap of paper scribbled with red ink. In fact, I think I'll share both.

Thyme Cookies

½ cup shortening/butter
2 t dry thyme (adjust for fresh)
¼ t salt
1 C sugar
1 ½ C flour
¼ t ground cloves
1 beaten egg
1 t baking soda
½ t ground ginger
4 T molasses

Mix in order given. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes at 325°F. Dough freezes well, so double the recipe and freeze some.

Now for the other recipe:

No comments: