Wednesday, April 01, 2009

traveling spirit

I am still fresh from the high off a weekend spent a mere three hours north imbued with the traveling spirit one usually reserves for the foreign and exotic. It was a successful experiment.

I am collecting empirical data, irrefutable proof, that we possess the ability to manifest all we desire and the key is right inside our very minds. The brain is a marvelous thing. The trouble is the brain is a powerful thing as well and we manifest all manner of things every day, much of which is neither desirable nor particularly helpful. Brain: I am waking up to you, you sly thing, and aim to work with, not against, you more often.

Aside from this incredible realization--I can change how the world interacts with me by a subtle shift in energy? yes!-- I also came away from the weekend feeling, as I often do but in a more pronounced fashion, so incredibly fortunate a girl. I have the most marvelous friends in the world. My chosen family.

Lastly, today marks the first day of the Poem-A-Day Challenge for 2009. One down, 29 more to go. I'm feeling fucking fantastic.

3 comments:

Baley Petersen said...

I love your writing.

Shannon said...

aww... thanks girl! It does feel weird (I agree with your other comment) to be putting all this rather unpolished stuff out there for the world to see. I hope you too are enjoying doing so anyway.

Bloo said...

Hihi, it's been too long again. I am having some similar notions concerning the brain come about. I'd love it if you'd check out what I just wrote, you opinion is valuable to me. I know you're kinda holed up still, but I'd love to buy you a glass of wine soon. Hit me up? :)hugs